Order is a relatively simple mod that works to allow for better control of the order in which a mods are loaded. Once this mod is loaded, it will read load order instructions specified by any other supporting mods. After Order does this, it must take the reins of from The Sims 4 to load mods in the way they request. Any mods unsupporting of Order should have their load orders remain unaffected by its presence.
If you are a mod creator and want to make use of this mod, you should check out the documentation for detailed information.
Documentation - https://doc.mods.neonoceancreations.com/s4/order
Sources Repository - https://github.com/NeonOcean/Order
An executable to automatically place this mod in The Sims 4 mod folder. You would want to use the installer if you want to expend minimal effort to setup this mod. It can do some nifty stuff like uninstalling any old versions, and automatically enabling mods if you wish. This can currently only run on Windows computers.
The mod files contained in a zip folder. Download this if you would like to install the mod manually or you can't use the installer. If you need assistance manually installing this mod, a guide can be found in the mod's documentation.
The source code and other raw files used to make this mod. You should only download this if you know what you are doing.
If you would like to download outdated versions of this mod you can do so here:Previous versions
This mod has no requirements.
This mod has no known bugs or incompatibilities.
If you are experiencing unexpected problems with this mod you can report your troubles via this mod's Github page. Be sure to check this mod's documentation to learn the proper procedure for reporting bugs.
Bug reporting guide
v1.3.0 (July 15, 2019)
- All of Order's interactions will now only show up when clicking on Sims instead of everything.
- Change the way persistent files are formatted, this will likely cause settings to reset.
- More changes occurred in Main involving mod information files, these changes where, again, copied to Order for this update.
- Removed a space in the keyword arguments dictionary key for load order functions.
- Load order functions no longer require a 'Arguments' or 'KeywordArguments' value.
- Fixed potential problem involving exit exceptions being caught by the load order system.
- Invalid order file path roots are now caught as they should have been.
- Modules named __init__ are no longer imported twice.
v1.2.0 (June 12, 2019)
- Many changes occurred this update to a system that reads the mod information files in order to conform to changes made in the mod Main.
- Added an icon to the root NeonOcean pie menu category.
- Changed this mod's license to CC BY.
- Fixed problem where NeonOcean update notifications sent users to the mod's documentation page instead the mod page.
- The notification showing that some mods have compatibility problems now correctly lists the mods in question.
- Debug session files now display certain information correctly.
- Fixed potential bugs in the debug system related to threads.
- Debug write failure notifications now correctly display the error information.
v1.1.0 (March 26, 2019)
- The relative paths pointed to in load order files now require specification of the root.
- Functions specified to be called by the load order now allow for the passing of arguments.
- In-game notifications will now appear telling you when an update is available.
- Interactions now exist that can direct you to web pages relevant to this mod, such as the documentation.
- Addition and removal of this mod are can now be facilitated through an installer or uninstaller. These currently are only usable on windows computers.
v1.0.0 (July 26, 2018)
Development of Order has come to completion, most if not all future updates will be in order to keep the mod functional.
There are currently no features that I wanted to include, but are not already implemented.